RTV 5711 is a transparent odorless, low viscosity, two-part silicone. It can be cured at room temperature and elevated temperature. After cured, it formed a transparent solid elastomer. It has excellent electrical and waterproof properties with excellent weather resistance. Those properties are not significantly affected by the changes of temperature. It is specially designed for general and cushioning pottings; particularly for where clarity is desirable such as encapsulations of solar cells and opto-electronic displays.
1. No solvent, no odor, no toxicity and no cure by-product.
2. Low viscosity, good fluidity, and easy processing by 1 to 1 mix ratio.
3. No significant exotherm or shrinkage during curing.
4. Good physical and electrical stability over a wide temperature range from -50 to 250 C
5. Good waterproof properties, protection from moisture, dirt, and atmospheric contaminants.
6. Good electrical properties.
7. Good weather resistance.
How to use:
- Put 5711A and 5711B in a 1 to 1 ratio by weight or by volume into a clean container with triple volume of the mixture volume. Colorants can be mixed according to the needs.
- Mix thoroughly and vacuum to de-air.
- Pour into mold or onto devices.
- Reference condition for cure: 50 oC: 2 hrs, at 100 g of 5711 mixture. For larger amount of product, it may need longer bake time. It also can be cured at room temperature.